oh the hypocrisy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



New Federal budget calls for more money for defense and cuts to social programs.

(More info here.)

If that's not predictable, I don't know what is.

"Nearly $9 billion in cuts over the next ten years are being proposed for agriculture, including changes to dairy programs, crop payments and marketing loans," said Kansas GOP Rep. Jerry Moran, who drew no Democratic opponent in winning a fifth term in 2004. "These proposed cuts to agriculture do not come at a good time."

"I am disappointed and even surprised that this budget instead cuts $48 billion from Medicare and Medicaid over the next five years," added Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine, whose race has not yet drawn significant attention from Democrats.


Those cuts, with this reasoning from Bush:
"Unconstrained spending in the nation's large entitlement programs poses a serious threat to the federal budget and to the health of the economy."


Uh...no. Unconstrained spending on a useless war, tax cuts for the rich, increasing the tax burden on the middle class and undermining programs for the poorest Americans poses a serious threat to the federal budget and to the health of the economy. And you don't have to be an economist to figure that one out.

I am less afraid of terrorism than I am of watching our country topple over from its top-heaviness. Dirty bombs don't freak me out; not being able to keep a roof over my head and food in my belly freaks me out. Osama bin Laden scares me less than a major illness hitting right now when I have no insurance OR my teeth continuing to rot out of my head.

My conclusion: these people are just simply INSANE. Reverse Robin Hoods that steal from the poor and give to the rich. Corporate shills doing the bidding of the wealthiest and leaving the rest of us to rot. And I don't exclude the Dems from this, regardless of the (mostly) party line split regarding the budget. Their continual unwillingness to really get to the meat of the matter (while continuing to take corporate money), and rolling over for Bush in the last five years has not done us any good either. Clinton did his damages too.

The whole system is functioning to line the pockets of the rich and powerful, and stomping the poor into the dirt.

If I had the power to toss them all out on their asses, I would do it willingly.

Power run amok is a threat to us all. Oops...uh...yeah...the TERRORISTS are really scary. Yeah...that's it. Really.


0 Responses to “oh the hypocrisy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm DJ Shiva.
  • From Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
  • I am a music nerd with a love for bass and political commentary, and far too much time on my hands. So many interesting, informative things on the internets; let me show you them.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links



Add to Google