cuz we do it so well here...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



US sets up new Iraqi prison system.

One U.S. prison expert questioned whether the U.S. prison system offered the best model for Iraq to follow.

"I would have liked them to take a look at the practices of some of the European countries where they have an independent prison inspectorate, or Canada. The U.S. model is not exactly the best," said Jenni Gainsborough of Penal Reform International, which promotes cooperation between governments and non-governmental organizations to promote good prisons.

The U.S. prison and jail system, with around 2.2 million inmates, accounts for a quarter of all the world's prisoners. Reports of violence, rape, abuse and medical neglect regularly emerge from the system.


We can teach the Iraqis about more humane treatment like the "we care chair".

Yeah, we will be a "civilizing" influence, I'm sure. *double snort*


0 Responses to “cuz we do it so well here...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm DJ Shiva.
  • From Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
  • I am a music nerd with a love for bass and political commentary, and far too much time on my hands. So many interesting, informative things on the internets; let me show you them.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links



Add to Google